Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Critical Care - Answering the Most Sensitive Call to Duty



Many times when a person has been severely injured they will be placed in the critical care unit of a hospital. This unit is designed for those people that are looking at a fatal condition or illness. These people require constant care around the clock.

The people who work in a critical care unit are considered to be the "angels" of the medical world. The people, who have devoted their lives to taking care of these ultra-sensitive patients, have made a commitment to providing care to those that are in a critical care situation.

Many of the patients consist of either people that are facing a terminal illness or have had some sort of trauma that requires special attention be given to their medical issues. These patients are often times given a low chance at recovery, but the nurses that work this unit see things in a different way, they see each patient as a chance at survival and renewal of life.

Beyond the care that they provide the patients, there is the human side that is often times shown to the family of these patients. Many times the families feel like there is no one there for them when they need someone. The nurses that work a critical care unit have a way of listening to a person and letting them know they are not alone in this issue.

This reassurance can often times be comforting to a person when they need it the most. It is the job of these nurses to be there both for the patient and the family. There have been a lot of changes that have come to the critical care unit since the early days in the 1920's.

Today many critically injured patients are given a better chance at survival given the advancements that have been made in the world of medicine. There was a time when a person that was admitted to one of these units was not expected to recover.

There is a lot more of training that one of these nurses will need to go through. The reason behind this is due to the fact that a nurse in the critical care unit has to be in a position to provide extra care than what a standard nurse is used to. There is a longer training and certification period that is required for these nurses.

These nurses are also a vital part of an emergency room. They are often times the first ones that come across a trauma case in the ER. These nurses and staffers have a special ability, due to their work in critical care, to address the unique challenges of the ER and its patients.

As long as there are critical care patients, there will be a need for trained people to work these units. There will continue to be advancements in medicine that will help in the recovery process. This will lead to a person being able to recover from these life threatening situations and as a result will allow them to leave the hospital after making a full recovery.

2 comments:

  1. I had my TL a little more than a year ago when my third child was born via c-section. I was not told ANYTHING about the possible side effects of having this proceedure. Since then I have experienced heavy bleeding lasting sometimes 3 weeks out of the month, weight gain, severe mood swings. Severe cramping, changes to my libido, severe depression accompanied by suicidal thoughts, headaches, migraines, many new symptoms & older issues are now exacerbated. The father of two of my children doesn't want me anymore. I've become too much of a pain in the ass I guess. We don't talk. We don't sleep in the same bed. I think he might really think I am crazy... & maybe I am. I feel crazy a lot of the time.
    I'm unpredictable. I feel so angry about the whole thing & now what was once a mild fear of doctors has exploded into full on white coat syndrome that causes me to have a panic attack/hypertensive emergency (severe increase in blood pressure) whenever I have to deal with them. I'm not sure what to do... I fear the next time I have to see a doctor I'll have a stroke or a heart attack from the stress & anxiety of it... what do I do? I take my time and keep searching on internet looking for natural healing that how I came across Dr Itua herbal center website and I was so excited when Dr Itua told me to calm down that he will help me with his natural remedy I put my hope on him so I purchase his herbal medicines which was shipped to my address I used it as prescribed guess what? I'm totally healed my cramp pain is gone completely I also used his Anti Bacteria herbal medicines it's works for me very well I want anyone with health problem to contact Dr Itua herbal center for any kind diseases remedies such as Parkinson, Herpes, ALS, MS, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Hiv/Aids,Cancers, Men & Women Infertility, I got his email address  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he has any kind of herbal remedies for women & men also for our babes. I really miss my Hunni...he's a fantastic father & a good man. He doesn't deserve this. I feel like an empty shell of who I used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born epileptic and at the same time I was having gastro disorder, but I am now free and cured by Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine. I was seventeen and sitting at my computer when I fell out of my chair. Only thing I remember is waking up with the worst headache I had ever had in my life. I had never taken medication and I hated swallowing pills but I had to start. I switched between all kinds of medication because I didn't take them like I was supposed to. One day I had just finished running errands and was at my sister's house when I fell to the floor again. I woke up with a bad headache and my 2 year old Niece leaning over my leg asking me if I was OK. By then I had just started college and was one the verge of losing my license. My school is an hour away from where I live so I really got set back because I wasn't allowed to drive until I got my seizures under control. I would love to know how others have handled their epilepsy! So My sister's friend Emma Told my sister about a herbal Doctor who resides in west Africa(Nigeria) Because Emma is from Africa as well, My sister told me about it then we decided to give it a try. My sister contacted him also tell him about my autism too.he assures my sister that his herbal medicine will cure my epilepsy and my autism, I paid for the herbal medicine then he delivered to Charleston Post office I was called to pick it up which i quickly did, I drank it for two weeks as prescribed happily I went for diagnose and find out my Epilepsy and Autism is gone and today making it 9 Months and I'm now free from Autism, Seizure and Epilepsy, I will continue to share Dr Itua Natural Herbal Medicine works. I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone who is suffering from,,,AUTISM, EPILEPSY, SEIZURE, COLD SORE, HERPES, HIV/AIDS.Shingles,Gastro disorder,Diabetes,Back Pain,Cancer,HPV,Lupus,Liver & Kidney Disease,Dr Itua Contact Information..... Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.... WhatsApp Number....+2348149277967. Live Happily Again With Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine....

    ReplyDelete